Friday, February 1, 2008

Take-out Week 3

Big weekend ahead.....we finish up our Take-out series on Sunday! This weekend we will be talking about "How may I serve you?"

I am avid "church" watcher and I love to follow what others are doing.....They are some great churches out there that are flat-out getting it done! I think there a couple of common denominators that all of these have: strong leadership, great communicators, compelling vision, great children & student ministries, kicking worship, etc......

All of those are great things and there are some churches that are knocking it out in each of those areas. I believe the one area that very few churches are getting it done is in the area of "influencing" their communities and serving them until they ask why!

I pray that NorthStar will be a church that so impacts our community that when you think of Acworth, Kennesaw & NW Cobb that NorthStar is mentioned in the same sentence!

Next year we are shooting to do a "Take-out" conference at NStar and share some of the lessons that we have learned the past 11 years! If every church became the bridge builder for the community and took on their communities as their challenge - we could see a change that would be unbelievable!! Can't wait!!! Check out our new website for community...www.northstarinthecommunity.com


4 comments:

abby said...

That is so cool! I also live in Kennesaw/Acworth Georgia. I don't go to North Star but alot of my friends do. I go to First Baptist Church Woodstock. Do you know Pastor Johnny Hunt? Well anyway it is just cool to see how many people are on here.

Titan Baseball said...

I have met Pastor Johnny - he is a great Pastor & leader!

abby said...

I know. He is amazing! I am blessed to be in such a wonderful church with him as pastor. oh and MIKE HUCKABEE is coming to our church on sunday

abby said...

i know! I am blessed to be in a church with such a great man of god. and mike huckabee is coming to our church on sunday!