Friday, February 8, 2008

Thrive Weekend!


Here is the fact....I am a "student pastor" by heart who happens to be a senior pastor for my day job!! There is NO ONE on any team that I respect more than guys that give their lives to students!! After serving in student ministry for 5+ years - I never lost my love for students and my love for seeing what God can do through some one (6th-12th grade) that is sold out for him!!

This weekend, our student ministry team is hosting "Thrive weekend"....Disciple Now as we used to call it and almost 25o students are packed in houses (brave host) all over West Cobb! They kicked off tonight and the Chris Orr band is blowing it out in worship and Brad & Nick were brave enough to ask me to speak for the weekend!! Tonight was an incredible start to the weekend as we talked about "His name & renown being the desire of our hearts". If 250 students could live that - it could change every campus they walk on next week!!

Pray with me that God will show up this weekend and do some incredible stuff that only He can do!! I will speak again in the AM and then again tomorrow night.......I am praying that the words on those pages in scripture will jump off and crawl up into their lives and they will never be the same!! 7 of the 12 players on my 14u travel team are part of Thrive as well - how unreal would it be to see God stir their hearts and do something much bigger than baseball!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the man my friend!

Speaking to students is one of the greatest things on the planet! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the weekend Mike! 250 students?!? That is awesome!!!