Monday, February 11, 2008

Lessons learned - random thoughts

  • Our community has no idea how much they need "the church"
  • The "church" has no idea how much they need the community
  • I believe that when the church starts doing it's part - communities can be changed for the better!
  • I don't believe for a second that we can do it on our own!
  • I pray God sends more great churches our way that we can partner with to get the job done!
  • The people that we serve are ALWAYS more important the programs we deliver!
  • I am no stronger than the team that I serve with - better stay strong as a team to keep moving ahead!
  • The church always operates best when we take the least credit for what is happening!

I have loved living in Kennesaw/Acworth area for the past 17 years. What God has done during that time is nothing short of amazing! When I moved here there wasn't much going on - now - there are great churches all over the place (Burnt Hickory, North Metro, West Ridge, Riverstone, Cobb Vineyard, Freedom , West Cobb among a ton of others) There are a lot I am sure that are not great but there a ton that are really good and these guys keep us sharp and on the edge! I wonder in 17 more years what will happen all around us - can't wait to see!!!

No comments: