Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Vision

I absolutely love reading books by great leaders....I love to find great motivational quotes in movies.......(Troy, Braveheart, The Patriot, Remember the Titans, etc.) I love finding anything someone says about vision! We are always trying to cast vision and bring people along to the dreams that God has called us to!! I am teaching the executive bible study that I lead through Andy Stanley's book (Visioneering) about the life of Nehemiah - it is incredible!! I read it a few years ago but re-reading now and taking a group of HUGE business leaders through it, I have learned so many awesome things!! It is LOADED with tons of great stuff......Here are some of my favorite lines from Andy that I used in my lesson today. (If you haven't read it then get it - devour it and start putting the principles to work in your life) These excerpts are taken from Chapter 2..........

o Nehemiah never prayed for God to rebuild the wall. What he prays is for an opportunity to rebuild it himself. That is the difference between a dreamer & a visionary.

o Dreamers dream about things being different. Visionaries envision themselves making a difference.

o Dreamers think about how nice it would be for something to be done. Visionaries look for an opportunity to do something.

No comments: