Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rearview Mirror

  • Today was electric......crazy crowded and you could feel the energy when you walked in the room!!
  • MM rode in with me early today and we made her Sunday AM Starbucks stop.....she loves that stuff - I am a diet coke man so it takes true love to get me through there but if she loves it - oh well!!! I am a push-over!!
  • I pray that we at NStar - always deliver!!!
  • Our crowds have shifted - there are now more at 11am in the Compass Centre & in True North than at 9:30am in either venue.....total flip-flop from October/November....Go figure!
  • Today I lost my voice and started hacking at 11am - it was brutal!! Thank God for Andy Mac at front of house who hit "mute" to save our people from being totally grossed out!!
  • My wife Annie today hit both venues...it was her first time in the video venue of True North - and she loved it - cool to get her feedback!
  • We dedicated triplets at our 11am service - it was pretty cool and the parents were pretty laid back....maybe they are still in shock!! Their three little one's were precious!
  • My son left NStar with 12 brochures for Thrive "Disciple Now" weekend and we invited our entire baseball team today.....Man, I am praying big time that those guys fill up a house and have their lives changed forever (feb. 8-10)!! Some of my greatest experiences with God happened when I was growing up at DNow!! Pray for my Titans if you think about it!!
  • We got to practice outside today from 2-4pm - it was so relaxing to be on the diamond after a crazy morning!
  • Tonight was "Thrive Overdrive" for students at NStar - Casey loved it and he & a buddy from a our team had a blast!!! (We went to dinner at a great Italian place "Rosario's")
  • BTW.....my kids love NStar and can't wait to go every Sunday!! Thanks to everybody who makes their Sunday's so awesome - you will never know what that means to me!
  • Just read J.R.'s blog and they had 225 at Freedom this AM!! Awesome!!
  • Tomorrow Roach and I will wrap up writing "How may I serve you?" for our last week of Takeout! We always have a blast working through the topics each week - I could not do it without him - he is the man and the greatest mind I know of taking God's word and making it easy to get & remember! I get the credit from people because I am on stage - but Roach is the man behind the scenes helping me!! Thanks bro - we have been best friends since 2nd grade - it is fun to do life with one of your best friend's in the world!!
  • Speaking Tuesday to a pretty exciting group - can't wait to fill you in tomorrow!!
  • That's all for now!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Service was awesome! Stats about the most unchurched group(18-35) is dead on. Especially males. keep it coming!

Anonymous said...

Andy Mac is a genius! I love that guy...

Anonymous said...

Ture North Worship was rocking ... music was inspiring, message had life changing potential and Chris B. was his delightful self.

GOOD STUFF

Anonymous said...

Speaking of that unchurched male group...wish some leaders for that group would "rise up" and have a passion for them