Wednesday, January 9, 2008

It's Wednesday??

I can't believe how quick this week is slipping by!! After the holidays, there is a lot to be done getting back into the groove at the office!! We have had a quite an eventful week around NStar & home and some great things to challenge us as we start the year!

Yesterday in our creative team meeting, I challenged our team as to "why" we do Sunday's? I think we all know why, but I think sometimes in the busyness of programming week to week we forget what it is all about! We forget that there a ton of people at NStar that are bringing friends that week, that are counting us to be on our "A" game....

We then spent over an hour "grappling" with the True North Service (our video venue) and what it is going to take to see that service go the next level! There were strong thoughts and opinions but at the end of it all - there was a room full of people who want the BEST for NorthStar and all who want to see this church be ALL it can be!! I love the passion that I heard....we did not solve it, but we sure got some good conversation going!!

Today, we had our kick-off all staff meeting for the year and it was awesome! I do not even know how to describe what I felt in that room today with so many great leaders & friends and how excited I am about the year ahead!! I reviewed our core values, why we do things the way that we do them and offered some key thoughts for 08......Here they are:

Key thoughts for 2008:

  1. Love what you do and serve out of your passion
  1. Pray big and Ask big
  1. Invest and invite in people outside the church
  1. Believe that everyone is for you and not against you
  1. Work with excellence…….at all times

This coming Sunday, there will be people who have been praying about inviting a family member or a neighbor and this week that friend is coming with them…..THEY are counting on us to bring our best so He can do His best!!

We are in the life-changing business…….we work for the King of an eternal Kingdom……..Do it with passion and excellence……people really do associate us with Him…….Let’s make 2008 our best yet!


We spent a lot of time developing what those things look like....it is not rocket science, but it is like any great team - we have to do the "small" things RIGHT and if we do, we will distance ourselves from the pack!!


I know NStar is not the most well-known church in the world (which is totally fine by me) and in fact I do not care if people outside here know who we are but I PRAY that anyone who lives in NW Cobb knows exactly who we are and that they have been touched by the ministry of this church!!! That means we have hundreds of thousands of people still to reach....Better to get work!!!


No comments: