Monday, January 14, 2008

Sunday download

  • Unreal start to our "Take-Out" series.....this is the HEART of who we are!
  • The services were SLAMMED and the energy was totally amazing in the service!
  • I closed my message by having Marlon, our community pastor, share about his "Holy Discontent" and how he & a group are building a field for special needs kids......there was not a dry eye in the house, including mine! His passion was contagious and I left feeling energized to do SOMETHING....WOW!!!
  • There were tons of people leaving with ideas of what they could do to help make a difference and be a "Take-Out" person with their faith & their life!!
  • Tomorrow when our creative team meets we will begin putting the feet on our "Braveheart" series that is coming in February!!
  • I spent the afternoon on the baseball field with the Titans, my 14u travel team......it was awesome!! Nice weather, good friends and learning baseball and unwinding from the morning! I had 2 good friends come work with our squad yesterday.....Kevin Burrell, a scout for the Chicago White Sox, and former #1 pick of the Boston Red Sox and David Boyd, a former GT player, and now one of the coaches for the East Cobb Yankees!! These guys are not only great baseball men but great men....it was a blast having them!!
  • We had Newcomers last night and have a huge crowd there.....it was great to hear the stories of all the new people that are coming to NorthStar and to hear their passion!! My favorite line of the night was said by a gentleman who just showed up back in December to see his grandson on stage sing and he talked about how NStar was exactly what he had been missing and God was touching his life each weekend!! His line was, "I'm 63 years old and I am fired up about church!!!" That was sweet to hear!!!
  • I am totally spent from the LONG day yesterday but fired up about all that is ahead!
  • Steve Roach & I will be meeting in a few minutes at my house to write the next two weeks and to study through the rest of "Take-Out'!! I could not do it without Roach - he is the man and taking the complex and making it simple!!!
  • On another note - can't believe that the Giants & Chargers both won yesterday....WOW!!
  • Got some commitments about our staff trainings that are coming up in the next few months....it is unreal who we have coming!!! I love sharpening ourselves by being around great leaders once a month - God has blessed us with some great friends that have helped us out!!!
  • My prayer today is that our NStar people truly do "Take-out" their faith and finds needs around them and help meet them today!!!

No comments: