Saturday, January 5, 2008

Great teams

One of my favorite things about this time of year is not only watching football, both college & pro, but also watching the coaching carousel that goes on. Finding the Head Coach is a big deal but the part that usually goes in smaller print is the putting together of the team that makes it happen! This "coaching team" will make or break" a program!

Going on 11 years at NorthStar, I can vouch for this! Though there are times, due to what I do, I may be the most recognized face of NStar, but I am certainly not always the most valuable! When the right team is in place it is a beautiful thing! When the wrong team around you is in place......it is brutal!!!

As a leader, our job is not only to lead & cast vision but it is also to be on the look-out for future teammates. One of my favorite things we have been able to do so much is hire from within our church - I love this because these folks have already bought our culture & vision and I have had the chance to see them in action before dollar signs were attached!

Are you good at building a team....do you mind sharing the spotlight.....does it make you nervous when some of your team begin to get attention and are loved by people....?????

Your answer to these questions will be a huge player in the success of the team that you lead and in the enjoyment of the team leading with you!!!!

No comments: