Monday, December 10, 2007

So proud

There are times in life that I think it is okay to feel proud....not prideful, because what I want to talk about really has nothing to do with me but rather with others who I get to surround myself with......Here are a couple of things that I am so proud of:

I am so proud of:
  • Being at a church that it is FUN to go to and the people who come GET what church is about!!
  • Watching our children's ministry team each week make NStar happen (Marsha, Tricia, Terri, Lyndi & Tim) create environments that my even my kids look forward to Sunday mornings!! They are the best!
  • Nick & Brad for being "heroes" in the lives of our middle & high school students - they are making our student ministry THE PLACE TO BE!
  • Ruby, Roach, Randy and Bruce creating multiple areas for people to get connected with other people and begin to grow in the journeys with Christ in smaller environments! Whether it is couples groups, womens groups, mens groups or "growthstarts" gatherings - excellence is always there and people are given the opportunity to grow!
  • Greg & Julie for using their experiences in life to help others "survive" their tragedies! These two are making an impact on tons of singles!!
  • Bryan, Lee Ann & Jimmy touching college & high school students lives on a day to day basis!
  • C.A., Nadine & Chris B. for taking ideas in our creative team meetings and putting feet to them and making them look so incredible!! I am blown away by the creative abilities of these three!! If it looks good and you see it or watch it - it was one of them!!
  • Daniel, Bonnie, Stephanie, Drew, Greg, Amanda & Winfrey for never letting a Sunday be anything less than a homerun when it comes to what happens in one of our venues! I am amazed at what this team executes week in & week out! There is never a bad week or a slip up - they constantly hit it out of the park and more than that - they live it every day!!
  • Jamie & Niki for keeping us between the lines financially and letting me sleep good at night knowing that there are 2 brilliant minds staying on top of our finances! You guys rock!
  • Ludell, Paul, Sharon, Emory & Chris G.for sometimes being behind the scenes but always making the details of happen day to day and doing it with such kindness and grace!
  • Marlon for being the "go to" guy for NW Cobb County and keeping us "on point" that it is about the "community" and who is not coming!! Marlon truly never stops thinking of ways for us to serve and stay focused!
  • Robert, Steve & Carl for keeping our campus "cleaner" than my house and never letting anything be done "less than the best".....I do not know how these guys do all they do!!
  • Wally & Nidia leading the charge taking the "love of Jesus Christ" to others in the world!! They love missions and it is contagious!
  • Robert Ledbetter for being the Pastor to the people who never get to attend NStar. He & his sweet wife Linda constantly love on people in Assisted Livings, Nursing homes & hospitals......their ability to love is felt wherever they go!~
  • Kelley for the untold hours of work she puts in to the bookstore and giving people a place to get resources on weekends!!
  • Our hundreds of NStar volunteers, small group leaders and technical staff that put untold hours into creating a place that OTHERS can "exchange" ordinary living for extraordinary life through the transforming power of Jesus Christ"!!!
  • Finally - a wife (Anne) and two kids (Casey & Mary-Michal)who let me be me and who I get to enjoy this journey of life with!!! They are amazing and I truly look forward to coming home every night!!

I am so PROUD!!!

No comments: