Monday, December 31, 2007

2008 - Things I can't wait for......

  • Our 11th year of ministry at NStar - each year gets better!!! We baptized 200 in 07 - I am praying for more this year!!
  • Planning our first NStar conference "Take-out" where we will talk about how a church connects with their community! It truly is what we do best! Can't wait - I think it could revolutionize a lot of churches and communities!
  • Easter 2008.....I love Easter Sunday!
  • Feb. 24...this will be my last birthday as a 30 something....scary!!!
  • My 14u "Kennesaw Titan" travel baseball team season...I am so excited about this years squad!
  • Spring break 08 - going to Destin again with my 3 favorite people in the world
  • Impact (June 2-6)....my favorite student camp on earth - this is my 20th year being involved and this summer I will be speaking and Casey will be there as a student! I started going when I was 19 and he will be 14.......oh how time flies!!
  • Our baseball season ends with a tourney at Disney in their "Salute to Baseball" July 2-9!
  • Allatoona High School opening up!! They are building a great staff & team there and we (NStar) can't wait to be a part!!! Go Bucs!
  • New business leaders breakfast that I am working on - can't wait to tell you about it!
  • Figuring out how to handle everything God is sending our way on Sundays at NStar!!
  • Praying we get our road out to Cobb Parkway in 08 - this will be HUGE to us!!
  • On the GT front - can't wait for the Paul Johnson "Triple-Option" attack on the Flats of Tech!
  • Mary-Michal will start middle school in the fall and Casey will start high school.....we are sad as a parents but excited for them! (We love our kids so much!!)
  • Anne & I will celebrate 17 years in October!!

I could go on & on but I will stop there!!! I love a lot to look forward to and a ton to be thankful for!! God is amazing and I feel so blessed for all He has sent my way! Thanks to all of you (all of my 3 readers) who make my life better on a daily basis!! Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great year Mike. 39 huh, I just turned 36... I don't feel it(not usually). Can't wait to see how the year turns out for you and our NorthStar family.

Anonymous said...

Sounds way busy too :) but you will do it all and well.
The thing I can't wait for is "to walk where Jesus walked"... CAN"T WAIT!

Anonymous said...

celebrating 26 years TODAY...Your right, God is good .