Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Last night

For a few years now I have been asked to speak by a local funeral home "Winkenhoffer Funeral Home" at a memorial service they do for families that have lost loved one's this past year. I usually love speaking and look forward to it - but this event is one I love to do but it is so hard. When I stood up last night in front of a few hundred, there were so many sad eyes in the room. There were people in that room that never dreamed in a million years that they would be sitting there without this special person in their life!

What felt so good was to encourage these families to know....The Lord is near and that He will see them through! They may not feel it or think it but it is a fact that God will is right with them and He will see them through!

Though the night was hard - I left there knowing that is what I love to do the most....walk into to people's lives and encourage them to keep going! Easy sometimes....no.....fulfilling....always!

No comments: