Sunday, December 30, 2007

One of the good guys!!


I found out this week that a good buddy of mine from my playing days at Liberty University, will be the new 3rd base coach for the Pittsburgh Pirates. Tony Beasley is truly one of the good guys and I can not tell you how proud I am right now for him! I remember first meeting Tony and being blown away at not only what a great player he was but he truly was the hardest worker that I had ever met! After his playing days at LU - he played a number of years in the minors with the Pirates. He has also done an awesome job managing in the minors and I am hoping this is his first break to managing a Major League squad! It is so cool to have a guy like Tony who gets what it is all about and that will use his influence to make an "eternal" difference in a lot of young men's lives!!

Way to go Tony!!!

No comments: