Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve!

I cannot believe that today is Christmas Eve! We finished our "Little Big Town" series yesterday and get ready today for 6 total Christmas eve services (2:15, 3:30, 4:45 & 6:00) - the 4:45 & 6:00 will also be live in our True North auditorium! It is going to be a blast, the services are always such a rush for me and I love being there all day!!

Alright...one admission that is a little embarrassing....when I look out and see a big 2:15 crowd I will start worrying that there is no one left to come to the others ones....I will do that until we are done at 7pm tonight!!!

Here are a couple of thoughts from the weekend and looking ahead to this week:
  • Yesterday I saw some former NStar families that came back for the day and it was so good to see them! These families were part of my life when I was in student ministry and were there when we first started NStar - these folks were a huge part of our lives!
  • Last night we had dinner with some old neighbors and it was a blast to sit & laugh (and then wonder on the way home if we ran them all off????) We did have so much fun!
  • I will leave out shortly to run by the hospital and see one of our NStar team that is there (Nidia Walkup) and then spend the day at NStar......Casey is going with me today - that will make it so much more fun!! It meant a ton that he wanted to come with "old man rivers" and then I found out he was meeting "some friends....female" at the building and hanging with them(their parents are on staff as well)!!!! Too funny!!
  • Thanks to J.R. Lee for his kind post today..
  • I am putting the finishing touches on my Christmas eve message for tonight...trying to keep it different than our 4 weeks of "Little Big Town" Christmas series...As any pastor knows - that is harder than it sounds!!
  • Can't wait to start "NorthStar take-out" series which starts January 13!
  • Can't wait for Christmas morning!!!! Always a big day at the Linch house!!!

No comments: