Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Love what I do


I started a new book last night The Three Signs of a Miserable Job by Patrick Lencioni. Lencioni wrote the classic Five Dysfunctions of a team among many other great books on leadership. In his great style he paints the story of a great guy who feels he can turn those that work with him into LOVING their work!!

Strangely I found myself at home last night and was able to knock out 100 pages of this "future" classic. I was reminded of a few things....first, I love what I do and it is never a pain to get up and do what I do.....second, I work with people who sure seem to love what they do and that makes it even more fun to come in every day....third, we do something that I really believe can make a difference for eternity for people and it counts....finally, I just do not deal with a long of junk from the people of our church - they are here because they have met God here and it has changed their lives!!!!

I remember being in college worrying I would hate working one day....it is really just the opposite, I LOVE IT!! I pray for the day that every Pastor can find themselves in the place that I am in and that we at NorthStar can become an influence for good and ALL churches will be places that people love to work at!

2 comments:

M&M's PLACE said...

WHAT again no pictures of your loving daughter. ME

Unknown said...

Linch - you may want to pass along the Lucado classic, "It's Not About Me" to Ms. MM.
(MM - that was for hitting & kicking me at church the other day)