Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Kingdom

Yesterday, I made my over to FBC/Woodstock to hear Vance Pittman talk about their church plant in Vegas. I began to question why I was going about half way there and wondered if it would really be worth my time........it was, big time!! They are knocking it out there and really touching the Vegas community. He shared some good stuff and had some pretty rocking stuff to say about "The Kingdom" of God. Love some of the ideas and we are going to crank out a "Kingdom" series in early 08! Thanks Vance for the thoughts!! Vance has a super friend of mine, Chip Riggs, on his team and he is one of the sharpest guys out there....it was great to see & connect with Chip again!

Also ran into some great friends from around Atlanta.....Jeff Chandler from SouthCrest Church in Newnan, Larry Grayes from The Midtown Bridge at Atlantic Station and J.R. Lee from Freedom Church in Acworth. These guys are doing a super job in each of their communities and really get what growing a "difference making" church is all about! J.R. & I were able to hook up today for lunch and it is always so fun to be around him because it reminds me of NStar & all of us 10 years ago when we were getting ready for to crank up! They have a super future ahead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See Blake and his sweet bride are now with JR...super!