Monday, September 10, 2007

Coin

I began a new series at NStar yesterday called "Coin". The series is about what we do with what we have been blessed with, in fact we are Rich! We have had this series planned for about 4 months and then discovered that Andy & Northpoint had just done a series called "Rich"....Great stuff and great place for some ideas....okay, a lot of ideas!! We really did have this down to do for a long time!!

Today I was meeting with Steve Roach who was helping me write and formulate the upcoming message "Scream". We were going through some different stuff and study material and we fell upon a quote by Ed Young Jr......when talking about Greed he said we have to learn to be "content with our contents"!! WOW - that is right on the money!

I wish I could stand up on the stage this coming weekend and know that I have this area of my life completely under control but I do not and it is a process for me! I want to be that "content" with the "contents" that God has blessed me with....it is hard when you are driven and you have this desire to acquire and do more but you have to balance that with if God chooses to only give me what I currently have - that is cool!

Learning a lot in studying for Coin........I want to pass on the right way to my kids and they are going to do what they see not what I say!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Does someone design this outstanding blog for you or do you do it all yourself! I am very impressed! Brandon and I are teaching 6th grade for Nick now and I talked to Casey and some other players on Sunday and Casey told them that my dad was the Yankees coach and they all told me how he made them run!! Classic!