Friday, September 7, 2007

Friday........


I have always loved the day Friday, in elementary school it was the beginning of a long weekend just doing nothing!! In middle school & high school, I always remember looking forward to Friday night football or basketball games and then in high school, going out on a date or out with friends to start the weekend!! Friday's in college were the beginning of great weekends whether playing ball on the baseball diamond or just hanging out with your buddies!! It is just a great day!

It is so great to see that same expectation in my kids as they know it is the one day, even if you have homework, you can put it off until tomorrow and it is the night you start making plans about what to do for the weekend!!! Friday's are awesome!! I still love going to high school football games and on a normal Friday night, I am somewhere (Harrison, North Cobb or Kennesaw Mountain) watching a great game and seeing players, band members & cheerleaders from NorthStar!

However, selfishly I know look forward to Friday's because it is the one day Anne & I get to just be together! The kids are in school until 2:30pm and I am off and the morning & early afternoon is ours......it is a blast to just run errands, hang out at the pool or catch an early movie!! To have a best friend and that best friend be your wife is just too good!! I fell in love that good-looking Liberty U cheerleader the first time I laid eyes on her in the fall of 1989 and now in the fall of 2007 - she looks better than she did then (I don't.....in too many ways to describe) but she does!! Saturday's are full and Sunday's are crazy but Friday's are just too good!! I love Friday!! Off to enjoy the day!

No comments: