Saturday, August 18, 2007

What a weekend!

Life has hit all time highs of busyness lately and I have been everywhere but in front of the computer screen!! On Friday night I went to Nashville, TN with my girl (Anne) and I had the privilege of doing the wedding ceremony for one of my former students and his lovely "new bride"! It is so great to look back to when I met him when he was in the 6th grade coming to our youth group and to see the incredible young man that he has grown in to! He was a tremendous baseball player at Harrison High, then at Vanderbilt University and then he just finished up playing in the minors with the Chicago Cubs organization....the great thing - he is still the same guy now!!

Tonight has been a trip - we drove back in today to attend my 20 year high school class reunion in Peachtree City. First, I cannot believe that it is has been that long and second, my biggest fear was that I would not remember anyone!! After just getting home and thinking back on the evening....all the old cliques went right back together tonight! I sat with the same crowd (+spouses) that I sat with and hung out with in high school! It was great to see everyone but you realize that life really has moved on and that high school was just a blip on the radar screen!!

All I could think about as I left was, "Why did I ever care what anyone thought of me?" I had a great 4 years at FCHS and there are a handful of friends that I have kept up with through the years but I found myself all night just looking forward to getting in the car with my wife and laughing about the whole experience!! One of my best friends, Steve Roach, whom I sat with tonight - I get to see at NStar everyday now, that is just too weird!!

What do you after 20 years - get together at the 50th reunion.....dude, that just scares me!!!

Tomorrow is a HUGE day at NStar....better get some rest!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

20 year reunion....wow you're getting old. Like I have room to talk, my 20 year is in 2009. Enjoying the blog.