Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturday thoughts

Here you go:
  • I cannot wait for Sunday and our new series "Are you smarter than a 5th grader"....Tomorrow we will talk about what EVERY parent needs to teach their child about God!! It is totally good stuff!!
  • Last night we had tryouts for my 14U travel baseball team. There were 25 kids out and we will only carry 12......I am excited about the 12 and sad for the other 13.....Hate those phone calls!
  • I am finishing up the pre-release of Max Lucado's new book.....it will come out on 9/11 and I think it is his best one yet! We will do a series for Easter off it next spring!! Good stuff!
  • Monday is the first day of school and every year I take a vacation day and spend the day with my best friend/totally good-looking wife........I feel a Houston's (favorite dining place in ATL) run coming!!
  • Found out this week that my little girl (5th grade) will have the same teacher as my son did in 5th grade and she (Ms. Sikes) is amazing!!! We were all so excited!
  • My sons (8th grade) last year of middle school - I am getting so old!!
  • Next Saturday is my 20 year class (high school - class of 87) reunion...that is definite confirmation that I am as Casey calls me.....Old Man Rivers
  • Another hot day but it sure beats the cold of winter
  • Have a wedding tonight in downtown Atlanta....always worry that I am going to get stuck in traffic and be late - oh well, have to worry about something
  • Got a note this week from a college student who had been attending NStar since last spring and she just moved to Athens. She wanted to know a rocking church there that was similar to NStar and I recommended Athens Church (North Point partner church)....she wrote back that she visited and LOVED it!! Hard not to like Andy's teaching!
  • I love that I serve a church that I can't wait to attend tomorrow!!

No comments: