Sunday, August 12, 2007

Are you Smarter?

Today at NStar we began our new series, "Are you smarter than a 5th grader"....what every parent needs to teach their children about God. Talk about diving in to the deep end of the pool, where do you start with this? It is fun to work with a message that not only you pray helps other people but also helps you as a parent.....I love it!! Every time I walk on that campus the energy of what God is doing is amazing and gets me so excited!

Here is what we taught today: every child needs to know...
  • God is great
  • God is real
  • God is personal
If we could get those things down we would be off to an awesome start wouldn't we? However, I have never met a parent who was trying that didn't do a pretty good job - the problem is sometimes we do not do anything and let the God thing just happen!

I cannot wait to see what God is going to do this series....should be fun!!!

Tomorrow is school...yuck!!

1 comment:

Russ Butcher said...

Hey Mike,
I am glad you are finally blogging. I am loving reading it! Check me out at russbutcher.com

I want to be smarter than a fifth grader. Is that possible being a DAWG fan? Love ya bro. Check my blog.