Monday, August 6, 2007

One week away

I can't believe that summer is almost over.....we love having our two children out of school - they are a blast to hang out with!! I remember growing up and absolutely hating school starting...my stomach would start hurting and I would worry myself sick over the upcoming year! It sure is good to be grown and done with school and now tell my kids, "It's no big deal, just tough it out!!"

What lies ahead for our kids at school is a little scary and it is a really big deal that we have them ready for what they will face. Going to church with them on the weekends is great but living out a real faith in front of them daily is even a bigger deal! I want them to know that our faith is by choice not because of my job! If they see it real hopefully they can "catch" it and live out a real faith on their campuses every day! I am sure praying for them like crazy!!!!

Our new NStar series......Are you smarter than a 5th grader....will hopefully prepare our people for what their kids really need!!! Can't wait for Sunday...oh yeah - better not wish the last week away!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What you should be scared of is your children are respectively going to be the oldest in their school...I CANNOT BELIEVE that Mary-Michal will be in 5th and Casey in 8th. Where has the time gone? Tell them all I said hey. We close on our house in Bridgemill today, and move in this weekend! YAY!