Thursday, August 2, 2007

Great team!

Yesterday we had an incredible staff team meeting! I love sports and I love team-work, in great team-work chemistry is huge!! I have never been more excited about "who" I serve with than right now....I have no doubts that they are the team to take us to the places that God has designed for NStar. I threw out some big dreams and when you do that you never know what the response will be....theirs..."Let's GO"!!! As a leader - that just gets your fired up!

I remember reading in Jim Collins book "Good to Great" that really the issue in leadership is not where the bus is going in an organization but rather "who is on the bus". There was never a more true statement written than that one. Those on the bus will make you or break you and when it works and it works right......it is a beautiful thing!!

I love these guys and I love serving with them! I have always taken hiring seriously but I wish I would have understood 10 years ago what I know now and that is.....I am only as strong as those around me! The people of NStar will only follow me as far as the team is willing to follow! The people of NStar will catch the temperature of the staff team they are closest to!!

It is so great to love what you do but it sure is fun to love WHO you get to do it with!!

No comments: