Sunday, April 6, 2008

Rest...

I don't know about you but one thing I struggle with is resting......Not getting enough sleep but the the kind of rest that you have to let yourself have. I like to stay on the go and stay busy and sometimes I by-pass the rest my body needs....do you ever do that?

We arrived in Destin on Friday evening and we went for a walk down to the ocean, it was foggy and the waves were crazy huge....it was so nice just chill and not be in a hurry. On Saturday it rained all day and we just chilled.....nothing to do - nowhere to be - just kicking back and reading & sleeping and enjoying each other....it was so nice!! I started and finished the book, The Shack.....wow....I don't even have words for that book....I will have to talk about it later!

This AM - Mary-Michal & I (the family early birds) got up and came down to (What-a-burger) to jump on the internet and get caught up with e-mails. Forget Starbucks and other fancy places that charge you to get on-line....What-A-Burger is free!! Great stuff!!

It is supposed to get sunny here shortly and we will hit the beach for the day!! Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure Anne puts on sunscreen...she will pay later in life if she doesn't :)
REST...yes, that is hard for other people I know.
Praying that you have wonderful family time.

Unknown said...

Hi Mike,

It is a joy to read your blog and keep up with you on your journey in life. Your family and you are a blessing.

Glad that you are getting time to rest with the family, to read and to just kick back some.

I am hoping to read "The Shack" soon. I read "So You Don't Want To Go To Church Anymore" by Wayne Jacobsen and Dave Coleman (They used Jake Colsen as a pseudonym)

You might want to check out The God Journey - http://thegodjourney.com
- Wayne Jacobson and Brad Cummings.

Planning to read UnChurch soon also!

Mike, I really am glad to be part of the family at North Star, to be part of the Men of North Star, Singles Connection, as well as SDC class.

In a nutshell I went through chemo and radiation, two major surgeries and a divorce after 29 years (not by choice)

Coming to Kennesaw, Ga in December 2004 and finding NorthStar and being part of the family has helped me to grow even more in my walk and journey with the Lord.

Being part of the Joshua's Men has helped me to grown also in my walk and relationship with the Lord. To be part of it and to see how the Father is touching those men who are going though it, as I did in 2007.

I thank my God, for allowing me to be part of Joshua's men, to be able to stand in the gap, to pray, to exhort and encourage others on the journey, to let them know that we are never, ever without hope!

Mike, May the Lord continue to bless your family and you,, know that there are many lifting your family and you daily to the Lord!

Your brother and fellow servant,
Writing for the King,

Paul Dawn