Thursday, April 10, 2008

Contentment & Pickle

Do you ever struggle with contentment? I guess it would help to define contentment….how about this….enjoying where you are and what you have. I don’t think contentment means that we do not set goals but rather is the ability to enjoy where you are and what you have.

I, for the most part, struggle with contentment. I find it easy that once I reach a place in life that I am already thinking and planning on what is to come and what is next! Do you do that? I will be in the middle of a great moment and my mind immediately goes to the outcome and begins to think about the next step!

We have been planning on going on Spring Break for a month and then we get here, we are worried about the weather and about this or that and not enjoying where we are and what we have! I have passed this sick trait to my little girl and we had a conversation yesterday about just “enjoying the moment” and not always thinking about what is next. However, before the conversation was over, I realized that it was really for me and not for her!

So with a few days left of our trip……I am going to enjoy being here and not thinking about all that is ahead when I get back!!

Yesterday, we played the great beach "baseball" game of Pickle......there was no where else in the world I would rather have been!! We laughed, fell in the sand and created some memories I will never forget!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand.