Friday, April 18, 2008

Leadership Network - Atlanta CP Alliance


I was privileged to be asked to attend a Leadership Network pastors gathering here in Atlanta yesterday. The goal of the meeting was to unite churches across denominational lines to really make a difference in the area of church planting!! The info was super but hanging out with some of the great leaders in the room was even better!

It was super to get caught up with Shawn Lovejoy and hear about the tremendous stuff going on at Mountain Lake. I was able to talk a little while to Anthony & Michael from Oak Leaf and hear about what the latest is out of Cartersville! Brian Bloye and his team from West Ridge hosted the meeting and it is always fun to hang with Brian, one of the good guys in the world! We have had the privilege to grow up together in church planting and it is always great to caught up on the crazy journey we have been on!! He is truly one of my favorite guys in the world and I always am challenged when we are together! Also on my favorite people list, Ken Williams from West Cobb Church was there and it was so good to see him!!

Also at the meeting were two guys that I have wanting to connect with; Pete Hixson from Vinings Lake and George Wright from Cedarcrest Church! These two guys and their churches are making big differences in their communities and I look forward to hooking up with them soon for lunch and learning from them!!

The take away from the meeting was that there is a heart in a lot of guys to connect to make a difference! If this can be pulled off - it could be huge!! We at NStar are on board and looking forward to helping anyway that we can!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you, man... I know you;re too godd to come North, so maybe one day I'll come down there...