Monday, April 28, 2008

Big day yesterday!


Yesterday was a big day for a lot of reasons.......

  • Another great day at NStar - huge crowds at 11am....we were slimmer at 9:30am and then jammed out in both rooms at 11!!
  • Watching people trying to figure out the opener and then realizing it was Bon Jovi "Living on a prayer"....you could see quickly who the children of the 80's were!!! How many Friday's did I leave HS with that blaring on my radio!!
  • Continuing our prayer series and talk about how to get a "Grip" on prayer! Good stuff that we can use all of the time!
  • My Titan baseball team did not fare as well this weekend - though we did not win this tourney.....I still love those boys!!! We play again Tuesday and hope to bounce back!!
Here was the biggest reason yesterday was a big day:

My boy Casey turned 14! I cannot believe that little boy we brought home from Kennestone Hospital on April 27, 1994 has grown up so quickly. Time is flying by and honestly I want to stop it and slow it down. I love this kid!!

We have spent thousands of hours driving back & forth to baseball and the other week he looked at me and said, "This is our last year driving together to Adams Park since I'm going to High School next year".....It hit me - the first time that I only have a couple of years left with Casey before he heads off for life! What happened to all of the time that I thought I had! I looked at him and with tears in my eyes said, "I wouldn't trade one second of the time we have spent"!!

I am so proud of the young man that Casey is and I have no doubt that the plans for his life are huge! He is a better kid than I was and I have no doubt he will be an ever better man!! Perfect.....NO.....great kid....YES!! Last year a teacher from his school caught me in the hallway at NStar and told me that she was there because of how he lived his life at school and how he treated her special needs students and then made the comment, "You say all of the time that you tell your children not to do something that would tarnish our family's reputation" - she then said, "Please don't do anything that would hurt your son's reputation as well" She had come to NStar because of his walk at school and her daughter was being baptized that day.

What a lesson for me and what a challenge!

Happy Birthday Casey - you are blessing to us and never stop being a blessing to everyone you come into contact with!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great son. You should be very proud. Does your son behave that way at school to not "tarnish your families reputation" or to please God? I think both. I also coach youth baseball and am involved in All-stars this season. Questions: Do you do a team prayer before each of your games? Are all of your players Christian? I feel God leading me to do a team prayer before our games but struggle with the families that may not believe what I believe. Any insight? I'll keep reading.

Unknown said...

I was actually thinking about C-Man yesterday, and the impact he's had on our family. I had the pleasure of coaching him in baseball, and have always been impressed with his character.

Casey has always gone out of his way to talk to my kids and to make them feel like they are "big kids" like him.

He is a "stud," as far as teenagers go, and I pray my boys will think about others the way Casey always has.

Happy Birthday, Casey...even though you are a misguided Tech fan!

Titan Baseball said...

Anonymous,

Thanks for your thoughts. Per why he lives life like he does at school, for us or for God? I would say both probably. I pray that as he grows in the Lord that he will do it for Him and not us but.....if that keeps him walking right now, I will take it!

On coaching - we do have team prayer led before every game by one of my players and we put it out there what we are all about. We have never had a complaint or problem! In fact - this year 6 boys off our squad came to NStar for "Thrive weekend" and the team paid their way! It is a great opportunity to influence!

You could let parents know that you are going to have a prayer time and if players choose not to participate that it is up to them.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Casey, You are NOT a misguided Tech fan ! You keep on cheering for them Yellow Jackets :)
As for Casey, Mike...you ( and Anne) have done an AWESOME job. But then when I look at your family including his grandparents...how could he go wrong.
We will continue our prayers for your children...as we all know, the enemy wants them bad. I mean, a preacher's kid can be the easiest prey...right? But then, the enemy doesn't know you Mike ! You are not show...you are what you are and that is why Casey is the outstanding young man he is already. Keep loving him and showing him the way.
Blessings