Thursday, March 20, 2008

What it is all about!!


I coach baseball for a lot of reasons: I love the game, I love being with Casey, baseball is in my blood, I love the boys......but the biggest reason is for the influence over these guys lives! Baseball is so short & temporary and really teaches about life but it is NOT life! In fact, life is really so much bigger and the knowledge that that there is a God out there who has a plan for their lives is the real deal!!

I love these boys that I help coach and I am praying that each of them find God's best for their lives and I pray that during their time on the Titans that an eternal impact was made!!

It just doesn't get any better than this!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It warms my heart to see that photo. You know just as well as I do how much that is going to mean to them when they get older because you had coaches like you when you were their ages. What you do matters...especially to a mom whose son will be in those shoes sooner than later I hope!

Anonymous said...

What a photo...I sure wish another team I knew did that. I am so glad to see it being done at an early age by a Head Coach that knows what life is all about...so many think it is ALL about BASEBALL :) And that is so sad. God is using you in a mighty way Mike. I am still praying for the "other "team.