Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekend update

  • Braveheart wrapped up yesterday....I really don't know how to write about what I experienced! At the close of the message to watch "tons" of people stand up and say that Psalm 51 could be their "note" to God....Amazing!
  • Crowds were incredible again - it is packed out in the Compass Centre both hours and True North is over 100 both hours!!!
  • The offering was Huge again and thanks to the faithfulness of God and our people - we are in the best financial shape we have ever been this time of year!
  • I love NStar people - I love being there on Sunday's!!!
  • My travel team split yesterday and we lost to the #1 seed (3-2) in their last at-bat...Bummer - but my boys played great!
  • This AM I did the invocation for the Cobb Chamber of Commerce Monday breakfast. There were over 350 people there (not for me) but to hear Clark Howard who was speaking! I have listened to Clark for years on the radio but never met him. He is a super nice guy and he admits he really is cheap!
  • At lunch, I went down to Georgia Tech to meet with NorthStar member Dene Sheheane who is the Head of Government Relations there and works directly with President Clough. We met up with Ronnie Chance, who is the State Senate Floor Leader in the Georgia State Senate. Ronnie is also a great buddy of mine from high school and it was awesome to get caught up with him!! Dene gave us a great tour of the Athletic Facilities and I had the honor of meeting the new football Coach Paul Johnson. Also ran into Tyler Evans who is on the football team and who attended NStar in High School!
  • I am meeting with my executive study in the AM and I can't wait to see those guys!!

No comments: