Monday, November 26, 2007

Goodbye Coach Gailey


As you may know, I am a die-hard Georgia Tech fan! Since following the Jackets as a kid, I have seen a ton of ups & downs through the years. Why I became a Tech fan I have no idea, I guess my dad liked them and so back then you had to choose (UGA or Tech) and I chose Tech! I have endured endless ribbing and heckling from Dawg friends and have almost become numb to their "barks"!! Ha! I was not smart enough to go there (hated Math) but always loved the Jackets!

Today, GT announced that they have fired Coach Chan Gailey and have decided to take the program a different direction. Regardless of how you may feel about Coach Gailey as a coach, there are none who differ on the fact he is a great man who truly loves his players and loves His Lord! I know that there is a lot of good still in store for Tech but I have to admit, you always hate days like this.....though they are a part of life they are still no fun!

So Coach Gailey from a "nobody" Tech fan - thanks for being the man you are and thanks for work you have done molding these football players into young men!! I pray for God's best for you & your family as you go forward!

No comments: