Monday, November 12, 2007

Are you kidding me?

What a day at NorthStar yesterday......we were part 2 of our "Spin" series and I do not know if we have had any other series that so touched a nerve in our people's lives like this one has. At the conclusion of the message, I had people bring up their biggest worries and leave them on the stage as a reflection that we no longer will hold them as worries but turn them over to God in prayer! I began reading through the worries today and was overwhelmed at what our people are going through.....it broke my heart and also reminded me how much I love the people I get to be with each week...I almost feel guilty getting paid for doing something I love so much!

The week before in Spin, we talked about one of the best things we can do in life is when we are in tough times "a spin", is to do something to serve someone else. We gave out grocery bags and asked NStar families to buy thanksgiving groceries for needy families and we would partner with Redemption Baptist to get the groceries out. Yesterday, NStar families brought over 800 bags of groceries and someone donated $2500 for Redemption to buy turkey's for families in their community!

I guess yesterday was proof again.....NStar is it's best when we are serving & giving!!! Way to go NStar - you are the best I have ever seen!!!

No comments: