Monday, November 26, 2007

Choices

I am in the middle of studying for the "Little Big Town" series that we are starting at NStar this coming weekend. This little town of Bethlehem had some big stories and really none bigger than Mary & Joseph stopping in to deliver their newborn son. This is going to be a fun series!

I guess in the middle of studying, one word keeps hitting me....choices. Mary & Joseph both had choices in the matter but their obedience to God and to do what was right...not what was easy....kept them going in the right direction! I think all of us want to make good choices but invariably we do what we do not want to do. Why is that? Here is my shot.......Our most natural instinct is to choose easy & pleasure now and not what we have to wait for and what we cannot see.

My prayer today for you & for me is for God to keep us focused on what we cannot see but by faith know is there......if we can do that, our choices will probably match up to what God has for us a little better!!!

2 comments:

Camel Rider said...

Good post. There are times when the choice is so clear, obey God or disobey God. The difficult choices come when there are two options that both seem to be of God. We're facing one of those right now, these are tough. I pray we choose correct.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the sequel can be...how do we know when both seem to be of God????