Saturday, July 14, 2007

Honored

This past week I got to meet one of my hero's...Max Lucado. I have been reading Lucado's books since I was in college and love the way he has the ability to make hard things simple! I was invited to a lunch downtown for Thomas Nelson publishers regarding a new project they are doing with Max that is rolling out this year called "316 words of hope". Before the event I was able to spend a little time with this man who has now over 50 million of his books in print and is known as one of the greatest Christian writers of this generation. I am always afraid to meet these people I have looked up to so much for fear that I will be let down by how they come across in a smaller setting. His introduction of himself to me said it all..."Hi, my name is Max"....That's it - no accolades, no grandiose stories, just...Max. What a great lesson to those that are still running the race and following behind like me.....

No comments: