Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blast from the past!

Later today my family is loading up and heading out to Fayetteville to see one of my old college baseball coaches who is town for a few days! When I left high school to go to Liberty back in the fall of 1987 I only knew one person going to LU and I was scared to death! I had no idea that while I was there I was going to make some of the greatest friends in the world and also meet my wife(the best part)!

Coach Pastors was a rock for me during my time at Liberty. He was more than a baseball coach, he was there for us during so many crazy times that you have during college. The realization that you have reached the last level of baseball that you are going to play (for me at least) and the harsh reality that this game you love so much will not be a part of your life any more is a tough pill to swallow! I remember the day it settled in on me that I was done with my baseball career, Coach P was the one that I went to and his words to me that day I will never forget!

I know tonight we will do a ton of laughing about old times and remembering all of the fun we had while there! I also look forward to Coach P meeting my family and my kids getting a chance to meet this person who played such a big role in mine! I pray that they have a Coach Pastors in their life one day - they sure will be better people for it!! My parents are also going to join us tonight for dinner - it is going to be a blast.....can't wait!!!

No comments: