Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rick Warren - I am so sorry!


I had the privilege to be invited to the Pastors Gathering at Saddleback this week. Rick invited some of the sharpest guys in the country to share with him and then invited some other church leaders to come & be a part! I was in the "come & be a part" crowd not the speaking crowd!!

Due to some scheduling issues on my end - I was not able to attend and be a part. After reading some of the blogs of guys that there - I am sick that I missed it......It sounds like it is incredible!! To catch up on some of the notes from the conference visit Perry Noble & Mark Beeson.

My son, Casey and my daughter are both "graduating" this week. My son is leaving 8th grade and heading to High School and my little girl is leaving elementary school and heading to middle school. I would not miss their special events at school for anything in the world!

Rick, I know you are not reading this blog, but if for some reason you are bored and made your way here......I am so sorry I missed the awesome gathering you put together!! Keep me in mind next time - I would love to be one of the guys in the crowd taking in the wisdom of those sharing! Thanks for being the leader you are - you have blazed a trail I pray we all follow in for those coming behind us!

1 comment:

Alan Riley said...

Mike,

There are a lot of guys out there in ministry that give lip service to putting their family first, but their calendars and travel schedule tell the real story. There's a lot of reasons I am glad you are my pastor, but at the top of that list is the fact that you live out what you teach. I appreciate you, buddy!