Thursday, May 8, 2008

Incredible night


Tonight was an awesome night!

Dr. Jack Llewellyn, the renowned sports psychologist, came & spent about an hour talking to my 14U baseball team. Holy cow....these young men were sitting with a legend and a man that has worked with some of the greatest athletes in the world! To sit and listen to him & his stories and about the mental side of the game was incredible!

I work my tail off in my role at NStar as Senior Pastor and my outlet (hobby) is coaching these young men. My goal is that we give them the tools that make them not only great baseball players but great men one day!

The biggest take away for me tonight is that the great people in this world have the ability to bounce back and quickly move through mistakes. I tend to dwell on failures rather than gathering up and moving out to WIN!

I am 39 now and I am committing to the Lord that the rest of my time on this earth - I will play to WIN everyday and quit playing not to lose!! I hope these guys realize how awesome tonight really was!!!

No comments: