Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sunday thoughts & Golf Tourney


I am sitting down after a totally crazy day and just got in a good evening with my family watching "Extreme Home Makeover".....love that show! This is the one show we watch every week together and my kids always go, "Dad, are you crying?" That show tears me up!

Had a blast at NStar today....great services and great crowds! The True North venue is coming, still need to move about 50-75 per service over to the new room!! I have heard nothing but great stuff from everyone who attends, we are off to a great start! My mom and dad were able to come out today to church, it was so great to have them in the 11am service and I got to give them a tour of the new building. It was great to see them and show them around! It was a super day except for my voice giving out on me.....I know I sounded totally awful.....Dread doing our review on Tuesday and watching the video from the service and having to hear myself again!

My 14u baseball team played a single game today and took it to the West Cobb Redhawks (13-1). Our guys are really coming together and I enjoy so much the time I spend with them!

I am going to a golf tourney tomorrow in Canton, that is in honor of a young man who passed away in a plane crash a few years ago. Brent was in his mid 20's and only married for 8 months. He was a former college football player and had married his high school sweetheart who was a former SEC cheerleader. His family means the world to me and they use this tourney "Rooster Classic" to raise money to send high school athletes to summer FCA camp. This is the camp where Brent was saved when he was a teenager. I will go tomorrow (even though I am not a golfer) and hang out with Brent's family and enjoy the day! In ministry you will meet those families you connect with and Brent's family is one of those....they are great people and they have made good of a totally tough situation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful couple...praying for your time with the family and God's comfort and peace.