Monday, October 29, 2007

Andy Stanley

We had the privilege to have Andy Stanley come and "pour" in to our staff & friends today. I have read all of Andy's books, I listen to him speak all of the time, but I have to say I was a little intimidated that he was coming to our campus to be with us.

Andy's content was amazing and the stuff he shared was so on the money and relevant to where we are. For an outline of what he shared visit J.R. Lee's blog where he shared the "quotes" that Andy shared. What I appreciated most was the humility that he exhibited and how he stood around and asked more questions than he answered. This is huge....I have met a ton of church planters and young guys who have all of the answers and spend their time meeting with us telling us what they are doing and never asking questions to learn. Here is the pastor of one of the most innovative kicking churches in the country and he is the picking the brains of guys on our team and some church planters we are working with! What a lesson for me and our team!

He is always pushing himself and his team to be better and to not focus on yesterday but figure out ways to do it better in the future! What a challenge!

Thanks Andy - our expectations were high and you exceeded them by a mile!

No comments: