Monday, October 27, 2008

Rearview Mirror

  • Anne & I went out Friday night to Maggiano's and then stayed down by the Galleria - awesome night!
  • Casey went on the CLOSER student retreat from NorthStar - heard it was unreal!!  I am so thankful for our student team who are creating an incredible ministry that my kids & hundreds of others get to grow up in!
  • Watched Tech go down against UVA....I put the game on our DVR since I had a wedding..came home & watched it - fast forwarding through it and then they lost!!  What's worse is the "Dawgs" won and the fans are getting a little cocky again!!  Maybe they will break back out the black jersey's against UF!
  • Incredible AM at NorthStar talking about forgiveness.....tons of people stood that said that there was something in their past that they were holding on to that they needed to let go of!!  
  • The band knocked out of the park the Tim McGraw tune "Let it Go".....I have heard that song a 1,000 times but the words were dead on for what we were talking about!
  • Quote I used from Max Lucado "Resentment always begins as a hurt but then moves to hate"....strong stuff!
  • Came home & watched the Falcons....SO close to pulling off the game against the Eagles!  Coach Mike Smith is an amazing coach to rally those guys after the year they had last year!!!  They are going to be a solid group in years to come!
  • MM had a good friend over and they had so much fun playing!!  I thank the Lord for my kids good friends!!!
  • Picked up Casey from the retreat (he was so TIRED) but tons of homework...
  • Watched "The Unit" late last night - THE BEST show on TV right now!!! Love it!
  • The Phillies are smoking the Rays.....a little surprising actually!  Hate the Phillies but like the National League (dilemma)!
  • Can't get over how much I enjoyed being at Liberty last week!!  What a place - it has come so far since I was there!
  • Video shoot today for our "Still Standing" series which begins next Sunday! In the times we are living in - how do we withstand all of the "storms" around us and "stand"......It is going to be an incredible series!!!  
  • Full week ahead!!

No comments: