Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hope

I have super strong political views therefore I find myself loving this time of year! I love to watch debates and hear policy and see which of the candidates (whether I like them or not) is connecting with the audience & viewers! Part of it is that I was a speech major and we were always studying communication styles, the other is that I love to hear "vision" for our country and how that is cast & sold.

With all of that being said, I think this year our country is looking for something that is really sort of an intangible and that is "hope"....The ability to say, it is going to be okay and we are going to make it and come out stronger on the other side of the darkness that we are now in! If one candidate could capture this and feel it in their heart (not off the tele-prompter or from debate prep) they would walk away with this election.

Isn't great that all of scripture talks about what we all crave the most......HOPE! God told us all that He did so we could hang on and know - there is always a better day to come!! I guess He knew we all needed it!!!

No comments: