Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bobby Richardson


I got to go over at lunch today with a good buddy of mine Barry Nash and see one of my heroes again!!  Former NY Yankee great and 1960 World Series MVP Bobby Richardson was in town speaking for FCA.  He is one of the all-time greats in Yankee history and played from 1955-1966 during the peak of the Yankee dynasty!   Beyond his remarkable playing career....multiple all-star appearances....gold gloves.....world series rings......world series records.....he is one of the kindest, most humble men that I have ever known!

One of the highlights of my life was getting the incredible opportunity to play for Coach Richardson from 1987 - 1990 at Liberty!!  I learned a ton of baseball from him but really more than that....I learned a ton about life!!  

It sure was great to see him today!!

No comments: