Saturday, June 28, 2008

Tribute to my boys


Back in early February my 14U travel baseball team set a goal of 40 wins for the 2008 season. This was huge in light of the fact we play a very tough schedule and it is a long season and with injuries and just 14 year old schedules of kids being out - 40 seemed like a big reach! Our first tourney found us going 1-2-1......not the start we expected! Then the guys turned on the jets and today swept a double-header from a Muprhy, NC team and picked up their 39th & 40th wins!!

I have never been more proud of a group of "determined" young men who put together an absolutely unforgettable season! The guys have played as a team from beginning to end and they are one solid group!!

We now head to Disney for our end of the year trip!!! I can't wait to spend a week in Florida with these guys!!

I am a little sad that this years run is almost over.....I love these guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in Florida...we will be praying for safety.
Does Mary Michael go to this one for the sun and beach time?????