Thursday, June 5, 2008

Impact 2008

Let me start by saying – I have just been part of the greatest week of summer!! 20 years ago I started working at a camp called Impact and it has been 20 years of great experiences!!

I have met some of my greatest friends in ministry at Impact and God has developed some relationships that will last a life-time! I came to this camp as a 19 year old college baseball player and now I am a 39 year old Pastor/Dad and I am still as moved by student’s obedience as I was 20 years ago!

I could spend pages telling all that God has done through the years……there have been some absolutely amazing experiences! This year has been one of the highlights – God has shown up and done some things that I do not even know how to put on paper! We have spent the week talking about the simple truth, “We are now the light of the world”. When the light of Jesus lives through us, how can we not make a difference in the world that we live in!

I have absolutely no doubt that we have a camp full of students that are going home to let their light shine in the world that God has put them in and the difference they are going to make is going to last for eternity! God is moving in this generation – watch out – they are going to show us what the light looks like when it lives through people!!

Impact 2008 has been amazing and I cannot wait to hear the stories that are going to come and the towns & schools that are going to be changed!! Thank you God for an absolutely amazing week and we still have one day left!

No comments: