Friday, June 13, 2008

Tim Russert - I'm So Sad!


I have always enjoyed watching "Meet the Press" with Tim Russert, he had that amazing ability to ask super tough questions from all sides without seeming like a jerk! He just seemed genuine & nice and it always engaged me! It did not matter if you were a Democrat or Republican - you were going to get asked tough questions from an absolutely nice man who seemed to represent everyone who wanted to ask the questions!

A few years ago I sat down while on vacation and read "Big Russ & Me" about his relationship with his dad....WOW! The book was amazing and I picked up some stuff from it that I added into my life. And of course, after reading the book - I liked him even more!

Today, as you most likely have heard, he died from a heart attack at the NBC Washington Bureau at the age of 58. Tim, though I never met you, you taught me from a distance and I am a better man today because of the lessons you put on paper! My heart breaks for his family on this father's day weekend but I hope the realize the impact he left on so many lives!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen !