Monday, August 18, 2008

Rearview Mirror

  • Another incredible day at NStar.....heard from our student guys (Brad & Nick) that they had over 400+ students in the AM! Unreal - these guys are knocking it out of the park!
  • Marsha, Tricia, Lendy, Terri & Tim (our preschool & elem team) had promotion and it was flawless.....hundreds of kids switching classes and I never heard a word about it - why - because this amazing group of leaders made sure everything was in order!!! They are super!!
  • On Saturday - Ruby (women's league) coordinator had over 70 ladies from NStar and some other great local churches training for the fall......WOW!
  • Daniel & the band nailed another one yesterday.....they just get better every week!!
  • We talked yesterday about how the "August Rush" robs us off relationships....so true! I know that when I am in a rush, I do not listen.....especially to those closest to me....
  • We had our 14u Titan baseball party yesterday and it was pretty emotional....these guys are going to 7 different high schools and moving on - I absolutely loved every minute I spent with them and their families over the past 3 seasons.......I pray that I impacted them half as much as they impacted me!
  • Last night we had NStar newcomers - due to the baseball party running late, I did not have time to change clothes....I was in bright orange swim trunks - a brown youth camp t-shirt and in flip-flops...I apologized to all of our folks that were there but no one seemed to really care - in fact one guy said, "that is why I love this church!!".....Steve Roach on our staff said it was pretty comical to see me up there answering a pretty deep theological question looking like I just left the beach!! Just the thought of me answering a deep question is funny in itself!!
  • Roach & I just got done writing the sermon for this week! We wrap up August Rush talking about "interruptions"....
  • If you wondered who the famous person was that sat next to us at lunch last week, it was Jeff Franceour....you will have to listen to the podcast to hear the whole story....still makes me laugh!!
  • I heard yesterday that Cedarcrest Church doubled their crowd when they moved to Allatoona High School!! I am so excited for these guys - George Wright (Lead Pastor) has a great group of folks there!! Way to go!

No comments: