Friday, August 15, 2008

Random thoughts

  • First week of school is over.....Casey & Mary-Michal survived going to High School & Middle School.......!! I am really proud of them!
  • It has been a pretty crazy week at NStar - lots of lessons I have learned
  • I am so proud of your team - nothing unites a team like a little heat and I am so proud of our guys for sticking strong & together!! I would go to war any day with this team!! I love them more than they will ever know!
  • Had a great future planning meeting on Thursday - these guys are studs and challenge me a ton! We have some cool stuff ahead!!
  • Met with the local pastors who are doing the "Kingdom" series with us in September - this is going to be incredible!! More to come! What a great group of men - seeing 10+ churches come together is going to be cool!
  • Today, Anne & I had the day off and went to IKEA shopping (her trip) then went to Houston's to lunch.....special day for us getting our Friday's back with the kids in school! We were eating when someone sat down beside us that caused Anne to lose her appetite and get a little fidgety......come to NStar Sunday and hear the whole story - pretty funny!!
  • Tonight - Allatoona had their first football scrimmage and looked good overall! I was so proud of Coach Gary Varner and his coaching staff for pulling all of this together! I am looking forward to being their chaplain and getting to know the team!! I have to admit, I am a baseball guy but this will be fun!
  • Just saw Phelps win again - He is the man - move over Jack Bauer!!

No comments: