Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rearview Mirror

  • Clothesline was this weekend at NStar.......over 400 people were lined up around our building to get in to shop!!  We had over 250 volunteers that served and there were 1200 33 gallon bags of clothes given away!!  Incredible!!  I could not believe the crowd that was there - thanks to Melanie Mooney and her team for the super job they did!  They lived out our mission statement "To show God's love in such a way"
  • Today we had the 2nd week in our Kingdom series......WOW - where do I start?
  • I preached early in the service on the "Kingdom of God" is like a treasure out of Matthew 13.......when we find the treasure - everything else pales in comparison to finding what God has for us!
  • We then sang "He loves us" with the stories of 4 NStar people who have given their lives to Christ in the past year or two......It was unreal.....I cried the entire song and just hearing their stories while listening to that song was over the top!  
  • At the end of the song, in the Compass Centre Daniel led in a time of prayer for people to meet Christ - when he closed he asked those who had accepted to Christ to stand......there were 15 in the 9:30am and 25 in the 11:00am......The stories of some of those who stood - I know and they sent me over the edge!  It makes everything you do WORTH IT and more!  
  • When they stood - the roar of our crowd was SO loud!  Then we sang the old hymn "I stand Amazed".....the words captured all that we were feeling and then the band kicked it in and it rocked!
  • It was the most amazing service I have ever attended.....I cannot put it into words what I am thinking & feeling today!
  • Heard that Cedarcrest Church (part of our Kingdom network of churches) had close to 40 baptized in a spontaneous baptism!!  Awesome!
If you were at NStar today - I would love to see your comments and what the day meant to you - maybe you can capture it better than me!

2 comments:

Rachel Adair said...

I cannot even begin to describe the way today's service made me feel. I have never experienced anything like that (and I have attended church my entire life). I want to say thank you to you and the rest of the staff. Y'all nailed it! I was just praying that the other churches in the Kingdon network were experiencing the same thing we were. I am with you, I cried through the entire song and then when we had a lady stand in True North, I really couldn't control it. Thank you for doing this series and partnering with other churches, kingdom building is what it is all about. I think that what happened at Cedarcrest is just AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you put the entire service on the web site :)