Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rearview Mirror


  • May be one of the greatest days we have ever had at NorthStar.......We were in part 3 of Still Standing....talking about "Knowing" God personally
  • We had Rev. Clarence Jett there live - it was pretty powerful!  I brought him out about 10 minutes into my message and he received a standing ovation in both services!  Nothing like seeing a young cutting edge church embrace a 94 year old man!
  • I interviewed Rev. Jett and it was beyond incredible....His wisdom was so on the money and the way he could recall scripture blew me away!  I interviewed him for over 25 minutes in both services and it was totally unscripted and he nailed every answer!
  • Check out our some of the video footage that we had shot previously with Rev. Jett...
  • I would never encourage to listen to our podcast but I would REALLY encourage you to hear this one!!!  Check our site to dive in to the great AM!
  • Steph & our band nailed the last song - a remix of the Old Hymn "Give me Jesus"....it said it all!
  • It was an incredible AM all the way around!  Major packed house both hours and big crowds in True North!  My son (who thinks his old man) came down and said, "Dad, you would have loved it upstairs in the Student Area - it was packed"......Love that boy!!
  • Lindsay Arnold did the welcome in the Compass and was "spot on".....Lindsay used to be in the college group that met in my house.  She is now a wife & mom and I was SO proud of her this AM!  She will be one of the host of our new "In the Know" Sunday video segment that is coming in December!
  • I got to take Rev. Jett & my mom and dad to lunch - it was so fun to spend time with them!
  • The Falcons battled so hard today - I love pulling for that team!  It was so close to being another Falcon win!
  • Tonight was "The Gathering" - Daniel & the band introduced their 2nd CD "Things Unseen"....It was slammed and a ton of fun to watch NStar people engage with God!  The team did an amazing job putting on the night and it was a blast to just sit in the crowd & enjoy!!  I got to sit with my little girl and watch her worship.......watching her was worth the whole night!!
  • Now I am settling in for "The Unit"!!!  Love that show!!
  • Short night sleep - early morning Management Team meeting.  I love meeting with these wise men who help stand beside me and lead NorthStar into the future!

No comments: