Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lessons Learned

Yesterday I had to do the funeral service for a good friend who left this world a little too early. He & his family were HUGE in the early days of NStar and through the years he was a big encourager to me & to our church! There was a day early on that we were out of money on a Friday and this guy called to tell me that God had blessed his business in huge ways and he blessed us in big ways...It was so hard to look out and see his sweet family - they were rocks through the whole ordeal this past week - I was so proud of them!

The family had moved to the other side of town and been attending North Point during that time. Though they asked me to do the funeral, they wanted to have it at their home church. I guess the expected response from huge churches like North Point is that, "well, we are sorry for your loss but you are on your own". I notified the NP on Monday AM and by Monday afternoon they were in touch with me & the family and walked with them every step of the way! I was blown away and reminded once again that they are a fabulous church for more than just their Sunday services! I shot Andy a note and let him know how proud he should be of his team!

They put most churches to shame on how they loved on the family and were there to help meet any need they possibly could! I know this - I learned a ton and there are some practices that I will put into place at NStar ASAP! We do a good job with families but there are things that we could certainly do better! As I said earlier this week - you never go wrong when you love on people!

No comments: